Experienced Reservoir Engineer (P547)
PanTerra currently offers an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Reservoir Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary team of Seismic Interpreters, Reservoir Geologists, Petrophysicists, production technologists, geo-mechanicists, Reservoir Engineers, and Surface-Facility Engineers (about 15 staff). Our client base and projects are global with the key focus on Europe, the Middle East, Northern, and Western Africa.
Your task will be to provide reservoir-engineering input whenever required. Your work encompasses a mix of conventional reservoir engineering (reservoir properties, material balance, PVT, well test, etc.) and reservoir simulation (from model setup to development planning).
• Undertake and manage technical reservoir-engineering project work including integrated studies and stand-alone discipline-based projects;
• Provide strong project management leadership for projects;
• Working closely with your team to present technical findings to peers and clients;
• Strive to deliver high quality projects to clients in a professional and timely manner;
• Mentor and support junior level Reservoir Engineers – transferring knowledge and expertise and training as required;
• Keep up-to-date on latest technologies and practices used and new trends emerging.
We are looking for candidates with the following background/experience:
• MSc or PhD in Petroleum (Reservoir) Engineering or other relevant science discipline;
• At least 10 years’ of hands-on experience with dynamic-reservoir modelling, production forecasting, reservoir-performance evaluation, PVT analysis, reserves and uncertainty analysis;
• Both reservoir simulation and analytical RE analyses;
• Significant experience with integrated studies, static/dynamic modelling interface;
• Expert user of Eclipse, Petrel RE, CMG packages, PVTsim, MBAL/Prosper and any other software packages such as OFM etc.;
• Compositional and EOR dynamic simulation, knowledge of CMG Stars is an advantage;
• Operational experience;
• Well test design and evaluation;
• Reserves auditing;
• Project-management experience;
• Good understanding of geology, geophysics, petrophysics and production technology and their relation to reservoir performance and field development planning;
• Candidate preferably has work experience in a consultancy environment.
In addition, you should have:
• Well-developed inter-personal and communication skills, both towards clients and colleagues;
• Team spirit and initiative;
• The ability to work independently and in a multi-discipline team;
• Fluent in written and spoken technical English;
• An interest to be involved in business developing.
Please be advised that preference goes to candidates legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.