• Coordinating, planning and managing the work of the Subsurface Evaluation groups including preparation of project proposals and budget estimates and monitoring of plans versus progress;
• Provide strong project management leadership for integrated subsurface evaluation projects;
• Develop PanTerra’s business portfolio through active participation in marketing efforts, clients visits and writing tender proposals (bids);
• Participate in project/contract liaison between clients and PanTerra;
• Lead and motivate the Subsurface Evaluation groups;
• Supervision of geoscientists and engineers and QC of their work;
• Maintain and increase the department’s capabilities, including staff resourcing and staff development;
• Strive to deliver high quality projects to clients in a professional and timely manner;
• Mentor and support more junior level geoscientists – transferring knowledge and expertise and training as required. This is an important part of the job as there is a great team culture where everyone is encouraged to expand the knowledge base;
• Maintain and increase department’s profit;
• Keep abreast of International exploration activities, technologies and practices used and new trends emerging.
• Relevant education to at least MSc level;
• At least 20 years relevant experience in E&P, preferably in Petroleum Engineering and in technical as well as commercial and managerial roles;
• Excellent people management skills;
• Strong project management skills – the ability to demonstrate good PM practices;
• Proven technical hands-on international experience;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Pro-active personality , decisive, disciplined and structured with a high sense of job ownership, responsibility, accountability and integrity;
• Ability to motivate teams and integrate across disciplines;
• Excellent oral and written skills - comfortable presenting formally and informally to groups of people;
• Confident, self-motivated and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach;
• The ability and experience to succeed in a multi-cultural working environment;
• Previous experience of mentoring or supporting junior staff;
• An extensive network in the E&P business is desirable;
• Candidate must be fluent in spoken and written English. Dutch language skills are an advantage.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, applicants who are already legally allowed to work in the Netherlands will be given priority.
No recruitment agencies or phone calls please.
We offer a one-year contract with the intention for a permanent position thereafter.
PanTerra Geoconsultants B.V.