PanTerra's laboratory performs conventional and special core analysis, PVT analysis and EOR, thus providing integrated services to the international energy industry relevant to both exploration and production. We have a vacancy for a special core analyst to join our laboratory team, a team of currently 12 people.
- Independently perform various petrophysical analyses (SCAL) including porosity/permeability, Archie parameters, capillary pressure tests, relative permeability (Kg/Kw, Kw/Ko), core flooding, NMR, acoustic velocity and wettability;
- Quality control of own work;
- Ensure that own laboratory equipment is maintained and validated;
- Conduct onsite core flooding/sampling work, if required;
- Data interpretation, reporting and client contact;
- Ensure all work is performed according to PanTerra’s working practices;
- Ensure that work is performed in a safe and organised manner.
You will be reporting directly to the core analysis supervisor and laboratory manager.
Essential requirements for this job are the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience in (special) core analysis in the oil and gas industry;
- Degree in physics or related subject;
- Hands-on lab experience;
- Pro-active 'can do' attitude and a willingness to carry out roles not normally part of the day-to-day work activities;
- Confident and responsive individual with sound judgement and pragmatic in approach;
- Team player;
- Fluent in both written and oral English;
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel);
- Willing to progress and develop skills;
- Availability to travel.
Knowledge of special core analysis procedures and theory and on-site field experience are desirable.
Please note that preference is given to applicants who are already legally allowed to work in the EU.
One year contract which might be extended into a permanent contract if mutually agreed.
PanTerra Geoconsultants B.V.